Rufford Park Six Mile Walk
From the car park go towards the abbey stable block then turn left beore the abbey.
Go along the L shaped walk with espaliered trees both sides.
- 3 At end turn left along path to Rufford lake.
- 4 At path junction go right across footbridge and follow path around eastern side of lake
- 5 Cross a further three bridges to its end
A diversion can be made at this point tovisit Rufford Mill on the left. Continue ahead to a road with mill cottages, right, and ford, left.
- 7 Cross and take signposted bridleway opposite with hedge first on left then on right for 1.2km to reach railway bridge over A614
- 8 Cross road in front of bridge and take footpath opposite alongside railway. After crossing a footpath over Rainworth Water take stile on left then turn right following path along several fields edges for 1.7km becoming enclosed track to enter Edwinstowe village.
Turn right along Rufford Road under a bridge and past Dukeries Lodge
- 10 After 200m cross road and turn left into mill lane
- 11 Past last dwelling and before railway bridge, turn right along field edge path beside River Maun.
- 12 At field end, turn left up beside a hedge crossing a railway line and forward to a minor road. Cross and continue on a bridleway opposite, passing Holly Farm to reach B6030.
- 13 Turn left along footway for 400m
- 14 At South Forest Complex cross road and take bridleway opposite for 700m to a woodland strip, Broadoak Brake
- 15 Pass Through, turn left along wood edge
- 16 Right down field edge to a woodland track.
- 17 Turn left along track passing entrance to Sherwood Forest Holiday Village and on reaching a 'Road Closed' sign go ahead and down signposted bridleway to A614
- 18 Cross to footway opposite and turn left for 400m to reach main entrance to Rufford Abbey
Enter then cross entrance road to bus turning circle on left and take signposted path to an avenue lined with lime trees on both sides
- 20 Here turn right and follow down to abbey and its grounds and gardens
From cosy log cabins in the heart of Sherwood Forest to luxurious hotels with spa facilities, Nottinghamshire has a great selection of accommodation. Take advantage of these special offers to make your stay even more enjoyable.
From: Thursday, 1st January 2015
To: Sunday, 31st December 2017