Give us feedback on our website and be entered into a free prize draw to win a Nottinghamshire themed hamper full of foodie delights. Our short survey should take no more than a couple of minutes. Complete Survey.
Only one email address per entry for the Nottinghamshire themed hamper prize draw, the winner will be selected at random. Terms and conditions apply and can be obtained via email from email@example.com.
Visit Nottinghamshire and you will discover a wide range of festive markets, selling everything from local produce to hand-crafted gifts and traditional treats. Whether you are looking for delightful stocking fillers - or a bespoke piece of jewellery to thrill someone special - you will find it at one of our markets.
Of course, visiting a market is a wonderful experience in itself. Many are held in some of Nottinghamshire's most picturesque locations and as you browse the wonderful stalls make sure you treat yourself to a seasonal mince pie and mulled wine.
A full list of Nottinghamshire's Christmas markets can be found here - but here are a few of our highlights.
- Nottingham's Winter Wonderland (19th November - 8th January) is home to a traditional English market selling hand-crafted goods as well as seasonal treats.
- Get ready for Christmas at the Holme Pierrepont Hall's Christmas fair (9th November - preview evening, 10th November - Christmas fair) with stalls from all over the country including luxurious candles by FiMi, children’s sleepwear by The Pyjama House, British grown flowers, Christmas wreaths and much more.
- At Patchings Christmas Market (25th - 27th November) you will find more than 50 stalls selling items made by talented artists and crafts people.
- The magical Christmas Art and Food Market will once again take place at the Harley Gallery from 25th to 27th November. A must for both foodies and art lovers alike this event will showcase the artisan produce available at Welbeck Farm Shop and give you the chance to browse handmade goods. Visitors can also look around the artists' studios.
- In December, you will find Christmas markets at Tom's Brown's Brasserie (3rd December) and Riverbank (4th December).
- Over the weekend of the 3rd - 4th December, visitors to Nottingham can enjoy the Craft. Design. Contemporary. Christmas craft fair at Nottingham Contemporary, showcasing the works of some of the most imaginative designers around. And if you prefer to shop for Christmas gifts a bit earlier, then Lustre - a high profile fair at the Nottingham Lakeside Arts is taking place on 12th and 13th November.
Nottingham Tourism Centre
Great local gift ideas are always available throughout the season at the Nottingham Tourism Centre, just off the city’s Old Market Square on Smithy Row.
Here you will find an array of artisan produce, including honey, preserves, freshly-roasted coffee and locally-milled oats and museli. This can all be hand-wrapped as a hamper.
For something truly special choose a piece of beautifully-presented Nottingham lace or if you are looking for stocking fillers for your little outlaw, you will find Robin Hood hats and costumes.
The Tourism Centre will also be open between 11am - 5pm on the three Sundays leading up to Christmas.
From cosy log cabins in the heart of Sherwood Forest to luxurious hotels with spa facilities, Nottinghamshire has a great selection of accommodation. Take advantage of these special offers to make your stay even more enjoyable.
From: Thursday, 1st January 2015
To: Saturday, 31st December 2016